marți, 18 august 2009

Pink - Eventually



I'm an opportunity,
and I knock so softly.
Sometimes I get loud
when I wish everybody'd just get off me.
So many players you'd think I was a board game.
It's every man for himself.
There are no teammates.

This life gets lonely
when everybody wants something.
They'll smile up in your face,
but they'll get theirs eventually,
and I hope I'm there.

Surrounded by familiar faces with no names.
None of them know me
or want to share my pain.
They only wish to bask in my light
then fade away.

To win my love,
to them a game,
to watch me live my life in vain.
When all is done
and the glitter fades away
they'll get theirs eventually,
and I hope I'm there.

I drank your poison,
'cause you told me it's wine.
Shame on you if you fooled me once.
Shame on me if you fooled me twice.
I didn't know the price.
You'll get yours eventually.

So what good am I to you
if I can't be broken.
You'll get yours, yes,
you'll get yours eventually.

Niciun comentariu: